A 19-year-old North Hollywood man is sentenced to 2.5 years in prison for aiming a laser pointer at a commercial aircraft — a steep punishment that goes well beyond what federal prosecutors were seeking.
Link to article:
Aiming Laser Pointer at Airplane Gets Man 2.5 Years in Prison
Leave a Reply
Exclusive Usenet Offers: $7.95/month
- 1. Universal: Smart Pirate Site Owners Get Round Restrictions
- 2. Popcorn Time Blames Hollywood For Its Popularity
- 3. First Netflix 4K Content Leaks to Torrent Sites
- 4. Pirate Bay Founder Released From Jail But Immediately Re-Arrested
- 5. Tech Giants Want to Punish DMCA Takedown Abusers
- 6. Piracy: Hollywood’s Losing a Few Pounds, Who Cares?
- 7. T-Mobile Refuses to Block The Pirate Bay
- 8. Aussie Piracy Notices Delayed But Lawsuits Are Coming
- 9. Streaming Site Operator Accused of £120m ‘Piracy Fraud’
- 10. Megaupload Wants U.S. Govt to Buy and Store its Servers