Greg Hewgill releases his annual collection of all the free music made available by SXSW, once again turning it all into a two-part BitTorrent download for music fans to enjoy. Austin, Texas has been host to the Southwest Music Conference and Festival (SXSW) since 1987 due largely to its reputation as a cosmopolitan city with a longstanding eclectic music scene that can be traced back to its colonial origins. SXSW, which kicked off last Friday, March 8th, and runs through March 17th, is a conference and festival event series for entertainment and related media industry professionals. Since 2005 SXSW organizers have been making individual songs from emerging artists available to download on the SXSW.
Leave a Reply
Exclusive Usenet Offers: $7.95/month
- 1. Popcorn Time Blamed For Movie Streaming Piracy Explosion
- 2. Tech Giants Oppose Broad Anti-Piracy Injunctions
- 3. YouTube Doesn’t Have To Police Piracy Proactively, Court Rules
- 4. Anti-Piracy Lawfirm Defrauded Rightsholders Out of Millions
- 5. Kim Dotcom Appeals to Reclaim ‘Mega Millions’ from U.S.
- 6. VPN Providers Respond To Allegations of Data Leakage
- 7. Google Scolds MPAA’s “Cozy” Anti-Piracy Lobby in Court
- 8. Organized Crime Police Raid ‘Pirate’ Android TV Box Sellers
- 9. French Magazine Fined €10,000 For Encouraging Piracy
- 10. Court Orders Namecheap to Identify Pirate Site Operator