Microsoft and its newly announced Xbox One console have taken a variety of different beatings over the past week. Whether it was for its lack of backwards compatibility, the fact that it looks like a clock radio from the 80s or its ridiculous licensing system for used games. In Germany however, the one aspect they’re particularly mad at, is the potential invasive spying that a Kinect 2.0 camera that’s always on and always listening could do. The reason for the Kinect listening out for every word you say, is that you may want to say “Xbox On,” at which point the Kinect would snap to attention and start that Xbox up for you.
Leave a Reply
Exclusive Usenet Offers: $7.95/month
- 1. Offcloud Downloads Torrents to Google Drive and Dropbox
- 2. The Pirate Bay Is Down…
- 3. Universal: Smart Pirate Site Owners Get Round Restrictions
- 4. Popcorn Time Blames Hollywood For Its Popularity
- 5. First Netflix 4K Content Leaks to Torrent Sites
- 6. Pirate Bay Founder Released From Jail But Immediately Re-Arrested
- 7. Tech Giants Want to Punish DMCA Takedown Abusers
- 8. Piracy: Hollywood’s Losing a Few Pounds, Who Cares?
- 9. T-Mobile Refuses to Block The Pirate Bay
- 10. Aussie Piracy Notices Delayed But Lawsuits Are Coming