p2pnet view Open Source:- In the next release of Linux O/S Ubuntu 11.04, Unity — not Gnome — will be the default desktop interface. But it’s based on Gnome. Ubuntu founder Mark Shuttleworth, who’s also the owner of Canonical, the company behind it, “surprised the hundreds of Ubuntu programmers at the Ubuntu Developers Summit” when he announced Unity is Ubuntu’s new netbook interface”, says Computerworld .
Goodbye Gnome. Hello Unity.
Leave a Reply
Exclusive Usenet Offers: $7.95/month
- 1. Verizon Fights Copyright Troll Demands in Court
- 2. Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Microsoft ‘Shamed’ as Piracy Sponsors
- 3. Paramount Pictures Fails to Silence uTorrent Discussions
- 4. MPAA and RIAA’s Megaupload Lawsuits Delayed Until 2016
- 5. Rightscorp Retains Dallas Buyers Club Copyright Troll Lawyer
- 6. RUTracker Says Copyright Holders Can Moderate its Torrents
- 7. Russian Facebook Ordered to Crack Down on Piracy
- 8. Dutch Filmmakers Claim Piracy Damages From Government
- 9. Aurous Dev Fires Back at “Fearmongering, Babbling” Rightscorp
- 10. Pirate Bay Founder Finally Free After Three Years