p2pnet view Open Source:- In the next release of Linux O/S Ubuntu 11.04, Unity — not Gnome — will be the default desktop interface. But it’s based on Gnome. Ubuntu founder Mark Shuttleworth, who’s also the owner of Canonical, the company behind it, “surprised the hundreds of Ubuntu programmers at the Ubuntu Developers Summit” when he announced Unity is Ubuntu’s new netbook interface”, says Computerworld .
Goodbye Gnome. Hello Unity.
Leave a Reply
Exclusive Usenet Offers: $7.95/month
- 1. Major Streaming Sites Must Be Blocked, Court Rules
- 2. Police Let Seized ‘Pirate’ Domains Expire, Some Up For Sale
- 3. FBI Wants Pirate Bay Logs to Expose Copyright Trolls
- 4. Popcorn Time Blamed For Movie Streaming Piracy Explosion
- 5. Tech Giants Oppose Broad Anti-Piracy Injunctions
- 6. YouTube Doesn’t Have To Police Piracy Proactively, Court Rules
- 7. Anti-Piracy Lawfirm Defrauded Rightsholders Out of Millions
- 8. Kim Dotcom Appeals to Reclaim ‘Mega Millions’ from U.S.
- 9. VPN Providers Respond To Allegations of Data Leakage
- 10. Google Scolds MPAA’s “Cozy” Anti-Piracy Lobby in Court