p2pnet view Open Source:- In the next release of Linux O/S Ubuntu 11.04, Unity — not Gnome — will be the default desktop interface. But it’s based on Gnome. Ubuntu founder Mark Shuttleworth, who’s also the owner of Canonical, the company behind it, “surprised the hundreds of Ubuntu programmers at the Ubuntu Developers Summit” when he announced Unity is Ubuntu’s new netbook interface”, says Computerworld .
Goodbye Gnome. Hello Unity.
Leave a Reply
Exclusive Usenet Offers: $7.95/month
- 1. Canada’s Mr. Robot Premiere Censored By False DMCA Notice
- 2. ISPs and Rightsholders Extend “Six Strikes” Anti-Piracy Scheme
- 3. UK Police Arrest Prolific Pirate Bay Uploader
- 4. Twitter Suspends ‘Pirate’ Site Accounts Over Dubious Claims
- 5. Pirate Sites Must Pay Legal Costs of Own Blockade, Court Rules
- 6. No Dallas Buyers Club Piracy Appeal in Oz, Company Considering Options
- 7. US Govt. Denies Responsibility for Megaupload’s Servers
- 8. Movie Studios and Record Labels Target Pirate Bay in New Lawsuit
- 9. Torrenting “Manny” Pirate Must Pay $30,000 in Damages
- 10. Yandex Demands Takedown of ‘Illegal’ Music Downloader