Hijacked Linux servers are apparently distributing malicious software to Windows PCs, says Heise Online . Quoting analysis by web developer Denis Sinegubko, “the comprised systems all have one thing in common,” says the post. The lightweight web server nginx is, “running and serving content through port 8080″.
Linux botnet of zombie web servers
Leave a Reply
Exclusive Usenet Offers: $7.95/month
- The Pirate Bay Is Back Online!
- Movie Release Group Members Plead Guilty
- Huge Security Flaw Leaks VPN Users’ Real IP-Addresses
- Reddit Rejects 62% of All Copyright Complaints
- MPAA Trademark Forces “Rated R” Beer To Drop Its Name
- Music Group Threatens Popcorn Time’s Blog Platform
- How Cunning VOD Pirates Plundered Taken 3
- Canadian Government Spies on Millions of File-Sharers
- Amazon Bans BitTorrent App FrostWire Over Piracy Concerns
- Pirate Bay Won’t Make A Full Comeback, Staff Revolt