Yesterday we ran an item stating the latest in a long list of a shlock-horror reports from the online ’security’ company McAfee claims two Canadian government agencies’ computer systems were infiltrated as part of a ‘massive global cyber attack spanning at least five years’ and, probably perpetrated by a foreign government The ‘revelationse’ were also carried by various lamescream media outlets, which probably should have been more circumspect, given the source. Among them was VanityFair under the heading ‘Exclusive: Operation Shady rat— Unprecedented Cyber-espionage Campaign and Intellectual-Property Bonanza kicking off with: “Here, Vanity Fair’s Michael Joseph Gross breaks the news of Operation Shady rat’s existence—and speaks to the McAfee cyber-security expert who discovered it … “McAfee cyber-security expert. Gross goes on: “When the history of 2011 is written, it may well be remembered as the Year of the Hack. “Long before the saga of News of the World phone hacking began, stories of computer breaches were breaking almost every week.
Originally posted here:
Leave a Reply
Exclusive Usenet Offers: $7.95/month
- Downloading Fatwa Issued By Turkish Religious Leaders
- KickassTorrents Users Fight Back Against DMCA Takedown Purge
- The Pirate Bay Is Back Online!
- Movie Release Group Members Plead Guilty
- Huge Security Flaw Leaks VPN Users’ Real IP-Addresses
- Reddit Rejects 62% of All Copyright Complaints
- MPAA Trademark Forces “Rated R” Beer To Drop Its Name
- Music Group Threatens Popcorn Time’s Blog Platform
- How Cunning VOD Pirates Plundered Taken 3
- Canadian Government Spies on Millions of File-Sharers