Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat and 11.04 Natty Narwhal continue to have this issue which is solved by following the steps for Ubuntu 9.10 below.
UPDATE for Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx: I just noticed there is still no audio with a fresh Lucid install. Just follow the below steps from Ubuntu 9.10.
UPDATE for Ubuntu 9.10: The no sound problem is also present in Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala for Audigy cards. The fix is basically the same as described below, with one notable difference in doing it. Because the sound preferences got redesigned, there is no GUI option to place a check on “Audigy Analog/Digital Output Jack”.
You will have to open the terminal and enter “alsamixer”. Use the right arrow key to select the channel “Audigy Analog/Digital Output Jack”. Press “M” to turn it on/off.
If you don’t have sound on your Creative Sound Blaster (Audigy) after installing Ubuntu 9.04, here is a solution to enable sound on Creative Sound Blaster cards, it’s not just an Audigy issue. I had the same problem with my SB Audigy 2 after a fresh install of Ubuntu 9.04, it worked with earlier versions out of the box. I only tested this with SB Audigy 2 and SB Live!.
Luckily, the solution is very simple and in my case didn’t require any installing/modifying.
Just do this:
Right click the sound icon on your panel and select “Open Volume Control”. From there click on the “Switches” tab and check the “Audigy Analog/Digital Output Jack”. That’s all quick and easy. It seems the developers forgot to leave it on.
..and now enjoy!
30 comments on “No sound issue SB Audigy in Ubuntu 10.10 & 11.04”
Leave a Reply
Exclusive Usenet Offers: $7.95/month
- 1. MPAA Threats Shut Down Popular Torrent Site BT-Chat
- 2. Advocate General Doubts Legality of Pirate Bay Blockade
- 3. UN: Encryption and Anonymity Must Be Protected
- 4. Hola VPN Sells Users’ Bandwidth, Founder Confirms
- 5. Seized Megaupload Domains Link to Scam Ads and Malware
- 6. RIAA Drags CloudFlare into Piracy Lawsuit, Scolds LeaseWeb
- 7. High Court Orders UK ISPs to Block eBook Sites
- 8. The Pirate Bay Suffers Downtime
- 9. H33T.to Mysteriously Disappears….But Can Be Found
- 10. Court Order Forbids ‘Poor Pirate’ To Use BitTorrent