The occupy Wall Street movement has spread to Canada, reaching p2pnet’s home base on Vancouver Island — complete with the inevitable police presence Protests are being staged in Victoria, the capital of British Columbia and Vancouver Island’s most important city. And “In Vancouver, organizers are expecting the B.C. Federation of Labour to add its clout – and organizing skills – to the occupation that is set to begin Oct. 15 outside the Vancouver Art Gallery,says the Globe and Mai l, going on: “In Toronto, nearly 300 people gathered in Berczy Park on Friday for a three-hour meeting on this week’s demonstration”, “Protesters in the city plan to occupy a space near Toronto’s financial district, but they have not yet settled on a location. “Vancouver police are being kept informed of plans in that city in a bid to keep the demonstration family-friendly, said Min Reves, one of the organizers. “In Vancouver we have a huge number of people who don’t consider themselves activists.
Occupy Wall Street — Canada
Leave a Reply
Exclusive Usenet Offers: $7.95/month
- 1. Tech Giants Want to Punish DMCA Takedown Abusers
- 2. Piracy: Hollywood’s Losing a Few Pounds, Who Cares?
- 3. T-Mobile Refuses to Block The Pirate Bay
- 4. Aussie Piracy Notices Delayed But Lawsuits Are Coming
- 5. Streaming Site Operator Accused of £120m ‘Piracy Fraud’
- 6. Megaupload Wants U.S. Govt to Buy and Store its Servers
- 7. UK Police ‘Hijack’ Ads on 251 Pirate Sites
- 8. 75,000 Popcorn Time Users in Crosshairs of Anti-Piracy Group
- 9. Former Megaupload User Asks Court to Return His Files
- 10. Pirate Music Site Op Pleads Guilty, Faces Five Years in Prison