The occupy Wall Street movement has spread to Canada, reaching p2pnet’s home base on Vancouver Island — complete with the inevitable police presence Protests are being staged in Victoria, the capital of British Columbia and Vancouver Island’s most important city. And “In Vancouver, organizers are expecting the B.C. Federation of Labour to add its clout – and organizing skills – to the occupation that is set to begin Oct. 15 outside the Vancouver Art Gallery,says the Globe and Mai l, going on: “In Toronto, nearly 300 people gathered in Berczy Park on Friday for a three-hour meeting on this week’s demonstration”, “Protesters in the city plan to occupy a space near Toronto’s financial district, but they have not yet settled on a location. “Vancouver police are being kept informed of plans in that city in a bid to keep the demonstration family-friendly, said Min Reves, one of the organizers. “In Vancouver we have a huge number of people who don’t consider themselves activists.
Occupy Wall Street — Canada
Leave a Reply
Exclusive Usenet Offers: $7.95/month
- 1. Anti-Piracy Lawfirm Defrauded Rightsholders Out of Millions
- 2. Kim Dotcom Appeals to Reclaim ‘Mega Millions’ from U.S.
- 3. VPN Providers Respond To Allegations of Data Leakage
- 4. Google Scolds MPAA’s “Cozy” Anti-Piracy Lobby in Court
- 5. Organized Crime Police Raid ‘Pirate’ Android TV Box Sellers
- 6. French Magazine Fined €10,000 For Encouraging Piracy
- 7. Court Orders Namecheap to Identify Pirate Site Operator
- 8. Cloudflare Reveals Pirate Site Locations in an Instant
- 9. Malwarebytes Offers Pirates Free “Amnesty” Keys
- 10. Top 10 Most Pirated Movies of The Week – 06/29/15