Texas Governor Rick Perry had egg all over his face and both feet in his mouth, not to mix metaphors, after his lame attempts to ridicule Occupy Wall Street demonstrators fell flat, to considerably understate the situation. Speaking in New Hampshire on Friday, he took a swipe at the Occupy movement by citing an “outlandish quote” he’d received from his son from a supposed Occupy Toronto protester named Jeremy, says the Globe and Mail going on, he “chuckled”, after he paraphrased what the fake protester said, ‘to wit, “Those bankers that we came to insult, they’d already been at work for two hours when we got here at 9 o’clock. “And when we get ready to leave, um, you know, they’re still in there working.” “I guess greed just makes you work hard.” Jeremy” was/is the brainchild of Globe and Mail contributor Mark Schatzker, in his satirical piece on the Toronto Occupy protest, published on October 22 “Perry’s gaffe is just one in a series of stumbles in his campaign for the GOP presidential nomination according to the Globe and Mail “In a separate speech in New Hampshire last week, he was seen as rambling and erratic, causing some observers, says the story, quoting the Atlantic magazine as suggestingt his “strange behaviour “was a result of pain medication or alcohol.
Originally posted here:
Rick Perry drops a Wall Street bollock
Leave a Reply
Exclusive Usenet Offers: $7.95/month
- 1. French Magazine Fined €10,000 For Encouraging Piracy
- 2. Court Orders Namecheap to Identify Pirate Site Operator
- 3. Cloudflare Reveals Pirate Site Locations in an Instant
- 4. Malwarebytes Offers Pirates Free “Amnesty” Keys
- 5. Top 10 Most Pirated Movies of The Week – 06/29/15
- 6. Anti-Piracy Outfits Boost Numbers With Bogus Takedown Notices
- 7. Pirate Bay Founder Still Wants to Clear His Name
- 8. Sci-Hub Tears Down Academia’s “Illegal” Copyright Paywalls
- 9. Can BitTorrent Be Better With Bitcoin?
- 10. Played.to Operator Admits Guilt in Expendables 3 Leak