Dot XXX is in high demand in Australia. And that’s likely to start a bidding war for adult-theme generic top-level domains (GTLDs), says Australian IT . Efforts to establish an online red light district under top-level .xxx were thwarted in 2006, “But Australia’s top-level-domain registry operator AusRegistry has confirmed it has been approached by several parties seeking support for bids to register several adult-themed GTLDs, including .xxx, when the peak names regulator starts accepting them next February,” says the story, going on: “AusRegistry chief Adrian Kinderis said the registry had been approached by several entities willing to put up the $185,000 fee to register adult-themed names, including .xxx.
sex.xxx in Australia
Leave a Reply
Exclusive Usenet Offers: $7.95/month
- 1. Court Drops Innocent Cox Subscribers From Piracy Lawsuit
- 2. Major Streaming Sites Must Be Blocked, Court Rules
- 3. Police Let Seized ‘Pirate’ Domains Expire, Some Up For Sale
- 4. FBI Wants Pirate Bay Logs to Expose Copyright Trolls
- 5. Popcorn Time Blamed For Movie Streaming Piracy Explosion
- 6. Tech Giants Oppose Broad Anti-Piracy Injunctions
- 7. YouTube Doesn’t Have To Police Piracy Proactively, Court Rules
- 8. Anti-Piracy Lawfirm Defrauded Rightsholders Out of Millions
- 9. Kim Dotcom Appeals to Reclaim ‘Mega Millions’ from U.S.
- 10. VPN Providers Respond To Allegations of Data Leakage